Information Sharing

Hello,

Last night I was informed that two DPS staff members have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID. Both staff members have been tested and will quarantine for 14 days. One staff member's testing has come back negative and I am still waiting to hear on the other. Out of an abundance of caution and in order to establish contact tracing I have closed the schools for Thursday and Friday of this week until I can get more information. 

I have been in touch with the School Committee, Municipal Leaders, the Board of Health and people who have been in school these last few days. Our local Board of Health has been very helpful in offering guidance to me during these last few hours. As I get more information I will be sure to share it with you. 

Best,

Paul Vieira
Superintendent

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing the information. A good example of how public schools are held to a high standard of accountability. The town administration is also trustworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thank you for letting us know. This is the reason why I do not feel safe sending my child to school yet. All these contact tracings will be even more exhausting (if it's not already) when the schools are full of staffs and students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Superintendent's Weekly Update July 24, 2020

Back to School Survey July 15, 2020

Superintendent's Weekly Update 7/30/2020